Welcome to the Bainbridge Island Genealogical Society. We are an enthusiastic, all volunteer, non-profit society of amateur genealogists exploring family roots from all over the world in a fun, supportive, learning environment. BIGS was founded in 2005 and run by members for members.
Everyone is welcome to visit or join, so come to a meeting and check us out!
BIGS is a 501c(3) non-profit organization, registered in the state of Washington. Our mission is to bring people together to discover, experience and teach the various aspects of genealogical research. Our goals include:
- To educate individuals in accepted genealogical methods and genetic genealogy (DNA)
- To aid individuals in conducting their research
- To provide a community for collaboration between people with a shared interest in genealogy, including DNA
- To adapt to changes in the field of genealogy and remain relevant and useful
- To maintain a varied and engaged membership to lead the organization and to carry out its activities
SPECIAL INTEREST GROUPS (SIGS)
These are focused discussion groups open to all members which are facilitated by members. Some meet monthly, some quarterly, others are as scheduled. The topics are subject to change over time depending on members’ interests and volunteers to facilitate. Meeting schedules are updated monthly in the Events section of the website.
As of October 2020, BIGS offers the following Special Interest Groups (SIGS)
Board of Directors, 2021-2022
Andrea (Andy) Hoskins, President
Larry Noedel, Vice President
Joyce Oswald, Treasurer
Holly Ardinger, Secretary
Betty Wiese, Director
Sue Hassenmiller, Director
Sylvia Nelson, Director
Susan Palmer, Director
To learn more, read the “All in the Family” story from the Fall 2019 issue of the Bainbridge Island Magazine Click Here.
Find out more about us by reading our Bylaws (PDF). Click Here.JOIN US!