The benefits of membership in BIGS include:
- Monthly member meetings with presentations featuring speakers knowledgeable in various aspects of genealogical research.
- Opportunities for one-on-one mentoring.
- Access to Special Interest Groups, with focus on specific geographic area or aspect of genealogy, such as DNA. Special Interest Groups are developed in response to members’ interests.
- Access to Skill Building Sessions facilitated by fellow members.
- Monthly newsletter where members can share their stories, and recommend books or other resources. The newsletter also provides a listing of BIGS meetings and local genealogy events.
- Access to BIGSNet, our own network for members to share tips, ask questions and arrange informal meetings.
- Voting privileges for election of Board of Directors.
Annual membership dues are: $35 for individuals, $50 for families
(After August 1st, the dues are 50% off for the current year.)
To join, simply print out the membership application form or gift certificate form, fill it out and mail it along with your check to:
Bainbridge Island Genealogical Society
P.O. Box 135, Rollingbay, WA, USA, 98061-0135
Membership application is available (PDF) Click Here.
Gift Certificate for Membership is available (PDF) Click Here.